Sonic Spinballa game by Sega
Sonic Spinball DownloadsSonic Spinball download
Does your face scrunch up and do your knuckles clench whenever you hear about the exploits of the world's most dangerous hedgehog? Well take heart, action fans because he's in an entirely new environment, and although there are enough wild thrills in this game, you won't run into any loop-the- loops or yellow springboards.
More Bounce to the Ounce
Yes, that's right, the only mammal to do more running than Bill Clinton is back, and this time he's in a pinball machine. Not just any pinball machine, mind you, but one constructed by the evil Dr. Robotnik. The Doc has locked up more of Sonic's pals, and this time Sonic's gonna bang his head a few times to get 'em out.
Dr. Robotnik is enslaving the population of Mobius with the Veg-O-Fortress, a humongous contraption built like a gigantic pinball machine and powered by the Chaos Emeralds. You must blast your way through three boards including the Toxic Caves, the Lava Powerhouse, and the Machine, until finally you have a showdown with Robotnik to save the animals of Mobius. To finish off a board, though, you must first gather a specified number of Chaos Emeralds. That won't be easy, as the Doctor employs a zany zoo of creatures to block your path, including killer chickens, lava worms, flying Ferrons (don't ask), and more.
Along with that, there are lava pits, slime pools, deadly grinding gears, and a host of hedgehog horrors to deal with. With the right amount of Sonic speed and flipper ingenuity, however, you'll sail past them in no time.
ProTip: Keep your flippers up while Sonic's riding the rails. There are an easy 100,00 points to be made by taking the detour, and you can do it over and over again.
At the end of each machine, you face one of Robotnik's fearsome bosses, from Scorpius to the Robo- Boiler bosses. You bounce, jump, and careen off these gruesome, gargantuan game-enders to try to save Mobius. When you're done with a stage, you'll also play a Bonus pinball round, where you have to eliminate a mini-Robotnik creation in order to score an extra ball and more points.
- To get the three Chaos Emeralds from the Toxic Caves, you have to first drain the slime from the center vat by hitting the two bumpers just underneath it...
- ...Then you have to lower at least one of the bridges from the side boards, so you can ride the mining cart to the other two Emeralds, which are in the lower right and lower left of the main board. You only need one bridge down to get the two Emeralds.
- When you get the two Emeralds from the side boards, you then have to fall through the middle of the main board to get the Emerald in the vat. Now get back to the top screen and go for the boss.
- To beat Scorpius, the first boss, you must jump into the space between his tail and body. When his tail is destroyed, keep hopping on him to finish him.
The graphics in this pinball game go much faster, have more surprises, and move a lot cleaner than in any other pinball game for the Genesis. All the sprites are well-animated, and the background boards are colorful, diverse, and intelligently designed. Even the bosses are bigger and better than they are in the Sonic side-scrolling games.
- In the Lava Powerhouse, you must first get to the Killer Clucks section, where you use steam instead of flippers to propel Sonic. Jump on a Cluck to advance up the middle chute, where the first Chaos Emerald awaits.
- To get the next two Emeralds, go to the side boards and hit the corks near the monkey's face. When you bust the corks (it takes three consecutive hits) you'll roll into a long tube.
The music is definitely pinball-wizard stuff. Every bell, whistle, whoop, and whine is heard and felt in this game.
You'll swear that you feel the control pad vibrate when Sonic hits the bumpers, and the music changes when Sonic falls or gets into trouble.
- Start hitting your flippers the minute the cork breaks, and you should steam up to the Emeralds.
- Go back to the Boss area (above the second set of steam flippers) and knock off the Robo-Boiler Bosses. Hit Sonic to the top of the screen and jump into the Boiler. You'll have to take the bosses out one by one.
- If you should fall down the middle of the board, you'll find yourself hanging from this fragile, unstable chain. Rock Sonic left to right, then jump off to safety.
Controlling Sonic is even easier than hitting the bumpers. You can configure the flippers to any button, and you even have some control over Sonic's arc of descent using the directional pad. The game does throw some wrenches at you, like boiling pits of lava that show up where you least expect them, and steam pipes that act as flippers.
Living on the Hedge
If you're a pinball purist, you may not like all the cutesy additions to the traditional pinball motif. If you're a purist, you shouldn't be playing video games anyway. This game is as close to the real thing as you're going to get, and the fact that its Sonic makes it one better.
- keep your flippers up in the Machine. You can't always tell if the ball will roll into your flippers or into the gears, so it's better to be safe than sorry.
- Hit the Power Chambers just above the flippers three times to stop the wheels.
- Try to stay on the right and left boards in the Machine. Hit the ball dead center of the flipper, and control Sonic's ascent with the directional pad.
- If you press Up or Down while Sonic is on a platform, the screen will stop scrolling. Do this to study the layout of the board around you.
You'll be going back for more if you lose, and you'll definitely find yourself playing over and over again, even if you beat this game. As for the little blue hedgehog, hey... he's rolled up in a ball most of the time, so put the spin on Sonic.
Other games by Sega
Sonic the Hedgehog Super Speed! Bust the video game speed barrier wide open with Sonic the Hedgehog. Blaze by in a blur using the super sonic spin attack. Loop the loop by defying gravity. Plummet down tunnels. Then dash to safety with Sonic's power sneakers. All at a frenzied pace. Super Graphics! Help Sonic escape bubbling molten lava. Swim through turbulent waterfalls. Scale glistening green mountains. And soar past shimmering city lights. There's even a 360 degree rotating maze. You've never seen anything like it. Supper Attitude! Sonic has an attitude that just won't quit. He's flip and funny, yet tough as nails as he fights to free his friends from evil. So just wait. Sonic may be the world's next SUPER hero...
Columns Columns is a game of strategy and quick thinking, where you must line the blocks up to get them to disappear from the play field.
Alien Soldier You play as a strange bird-like creature and you can select 4 weapons to use, each with their own different abilities and drawbacks.
Comix Zone Comix Zone is a side-scrolling fighting game with a difference, you're inside of a comic book and you yourself know it.