- Sega Master System
Jurassic Park has landed on almost every game system so far except BDO. This version of the movie is definitely the most educational and entertaining, but younger players may be bored by its detailed game play. Everyone else should enjoy this investigative first-person action/adventure game, which is both fast and intriguing.
Your helicopter has crashed on Isla Nublar, a remote tropical paradise and the home of Jurassic Park, a breeding ground for some of the most dangerous animals that ever walked the earth -- dinosaurs! The huge dinosaur theme park has been hit by a massive tropical storm, and most communications with the park have been lost. Now the "terrible lizards" roam freely, and it's up to you to delicately sneak past them, collect their eggs, and get them safely off the island... all before time runs out. But remember, dinosaurs are fiercely protective of their young...
- First things first. Open that helicopter door and get that Stun Gun.
- Check every vehicle for clues. This one seems to have a tool in It.
- Move the log to scare off the Gallimimus in front of you. Check the area for tools, and follow them down the road.
- Use the Bolt Cutters to open the storm grates. You can now travel from one area to another without being bothered.
- To find ammo for your weapons, use the Bolt Cutters on the box in the Visitor's Center.
- Take the road that goes to the Gallimimuses. Pick up the rock In front of you and turn until you see the floating log. Use the rock to steady the log, and walk across.
- Check the toolbox in the Visitor's Center, and get the Pliers. Go upstairs.
You begin with nothing but a headache from the crash as you trek to the Visitor's Center for clues. You have to search every area carefully to locate the items that can help you. Most importantly, you must establish communications with the mainland to receive directions, clues, and information.
Passcards, tools, and non-lethal stun weapons are strewn throughout the island, and these will greatly aid you in your mission. You also find information kiosks, each with a wealth of data about the predators hunting you. Dr. Robert Bakker, a real-life dinosaur expert, will enlighten you about the peculiarities, habits, and rituals of certain dinosaur species. Be careful, though. Not all dinosaur kiosks are danger-free, and some require you to find CDs to operate them.
Although this is a CD game, which implies that it will showcase powerful graphics capabilities, you won't see any particularly fascinating images jumping off the screen at you. The Bakker information, as well as your communication with the mainland, looks good, but both appear in half-screen video. Moreover, the dinosaurs are dangerous, but their looks won't strike fear into the hearts of many gamers.
The sound is another matter entirely; as advanced over the graphics as man over dinosaur. There isn't a single audio effect on this CD that won't fascinate or frighten you, and you hear every tree-shaking roar as clearly as you hear every drop of water.
Controlling the game is a simple point-and-click affair, but you'd better be armed with information before you click on the wrong thing. You must also use tools and items, and some require other items to make them work. If you've got a Jurassic jaw-breaker breathing down your neck, using your items feels abysmally slow.
- Check the nest near the Brachiosaurus. You'll find the White Card Key. Proceed to the Visitor's Center.
- Leave eggs where you find them until you find the Incubator.
- Go back to the entrance of the Visitor's Center and pull the card out of the pass box (use the Pliers). Now go back upstairs and check the second door to find the Incubator and another weapon. Go back to the entrance of the Visitor's Center.
- Power up the Stun Gun by holding down the Fire button for a few seconds. You need the extra firepower to take out the Spitters and charging Gallimimuses.
- Shooting a stunner at some animals causes them to flee (and opens up new roads for you).
This CD has appeal for those who like detective games. You must carefully search every wrecked vehicle, every dinosaur nest, and every possible nook and cranny before you get anywhere. Although this doesn't detract from the fun, it certainly slows down the action.
And dinosaurs are not forgiving creatures. One wrong move in any direction gets you trampled, thereby resetting the game. Unless you remember to save, you could very well wipe out a whole day's work. But be persistent, and you'll get the eggs, the helicopter, and the glory. If you don't end up as Dinosaur Kibbles and Bits, that is...
Now you'll be up to your armpits in Spitters. Take them out and turn toward the vehicle. Open the door and grab the Gas Can. Check the nest, then leave.
Jurassic Park DownloadsJurassic Park download
If you like Jurassic Park, try other games
Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures Indiana Jones' Greatest Adventures is a game based on the Indiana Jones trilogy.
Super Godzilla Unlike other games of the era, Super Godzilla is not a straight action game. Instead, the player must guide the famed monster into the different levels by pressing the adequate button in the appropriate place. The game is split in two screens: the top one