The Terminator DownloadsThe Terminator download
This single player run-n-gun arcade-style shooter begins in Los Angeles, circa 2029. A nuclear holocaust triggered by rebellious machines has shoved the human race to the brink of extinction. One human, John Connor, is leading his fellow beings in a successful revolt against the mechanoid monsters. In an effort to stop the uprising the machines send Cyberdyne System Model 101 -- alias "The Terminator" -- back in time to destroy Sarah Connor before she can give birth to John. As futuristic guerilla fighter Kyle Reese your mission is to travel back in time to 1984, find Sarah Connor before the Terminator does, and save her unborn son.
One Life to Live
Hey, if the plotline sounds complicated don't worry, because the game-play isn't Beating Terminator's six horizontally and vertically scrolling levels is all about survival of the fittest -- shoot and run towards the end of the level. And if you survive you really are fit -- the game has four difficulty levels ranging from Easy to very Difficult, and you've only got one life (no continues, no passwords, no return!).
ProTip: The only way to stay alive is to avoid getting tagged by enemies (impossible) and grab every Life Cannister you see. These appear occasionally when you destroy enemies.
To defend himself against menacing machine and human foes Reese arms himself with several different kinds of weapons. In the Future, Reese lobs an unlimited supply of Grenades at the machines. He can also snag Time Bombs by picking up Bomb icons hidden in different areas of the level and grab a Machine Gun about halfway through Level 1. When Reese travels back in time to 1984 his defense is limited to a sawed-off Shotgun.
Hasta La Vista Baby!
Each level mirrors the original Orion Pictures flick. In Level 1 Kyle battles his way to the heart of the Terminator headquarters and destroys the master computer, Skynet. Then he makes a break for the time-travel machine that sends him back to 1984.
- Just at the beginning of Level 1, wait for the Bomb icon to appear and reappear several times in order to stock up on Bombs.
- To destroy the machine guarding the Machine Gun, just crouch and lob Grenades at it underhand. You'll take minimal damage and eventually blow me machine away.
- Skynet is in the lower right-hand comer of the level. Use a Bomb to blow it sky high and then head to the upper right-hand area of the level, and the time machine, as fast as you can.
- Keep moving forward. Get tangled up battling those pursuing you and you'll take more damage man it's worth.
In the three different areas of Level 2 Reese returns to Los Angeles in 1984 and searches for Sarah Connor. He's trailed by police, bomb-tossing SWAT-team members, and missile-firing choppers across the roof-tops of L.A. Reese finally tracks down Sarah in the TechNoir Bar -- but so does the Terminator!
Avoid taking damage from the helicopters by kneeling and standing still.
Level 3 takes place inside the Police Station where the cops have slapped Reese into a cell. He's got to search the entire station until he finds Sarah. The Terminator's hunting too!
- At the end of Level 3just blast away at the Terminator until he falls and then run past him until you reach Sarah. This completes the mission!
- The best defense against the Bomb-tossers is to move up close to them so that you're under the arc of the bomb throw. Then blast away until they're out of commission.
The climactic battle takes place in Level 4. Reese destroys The Terminator in a huge fire -- or so he thinks. The flames merely expose the metallic skeleton of The Terminator which returns for a final battle through a factory.
- To defeat this level Reese just has to work his way as far to the right as possible, reach Sarah, and then wait for the Terminator to be crushed!
Game connoisseurs will note that The Terminator, which was programmed in the UK, features a distinctly European or "Amiga" feel, including a lack of big-boss battles at the end of each level. Although the game-play is slightly sluggish in spots The Terminator is a satisfying, super-tough challenge for those who enjoy a game where the main strategy is simply to make your way to the end without being destroyed. Digitized graphic screens of actual scenes from the movie give this shooter a nice polish. Sure he's already been back on both the big and little screens in Terminator 2: Judgment Day -- but that shouldn't stop you from getting yourself terminated one more time.
If you like The Terminator, try other games
Stargate Travel through the StarGate to a new intergalactic dimension of non-stop action, danger and adventure! Face a hostile and unknown world in over 30 incredible missions. StarGate will take you a million light years from home... but can you find your way back?