Kid Chameleona game by Sega
Kid Chameleon DownloadsKid Chameleon download
Genesis and Master System gamers remember Alex Kidd, star of numerous Sega adventures. Well, now there's a new Kid on the Genesis block -- Kid Chameleon.
Take A Walk on the Wild Side
In Kid Chameleon folks everywhere are playing a dangerous game called Wild Side. Wild Side's hologram world creates a reality of its own. Lately, gamers who walk on the Wild Side aren't coming back. It's up to one kid -- Kid Chameleon -- to take on Wild Side's nasty boss before every kid is kid-napped. No kidding!
Kid Chameleon features multiple levels of vertically and horizontally scrolling action for one or two alternating players, who use Alex Kidd-style jumping and running. There are four stages in the game. Each stage has 17 radical levels with gorgeous graphics and a bad boss. In each level, the Kid must find the flagpole to clear the level. Sound easy? Not! Each level is a strange and mysterious world filled with obstacles: ice caverns, waterfalls, and beasties such as fire-breathing dragons and fearsome lions. The dragons and lions threaten to do serious damage to Kid Chameleon's health.
It gets better. Each level is also filled with hidden secret rooms, tunnels, and other surprises. There's more than one way to escape from many rounds. If the Kid finds a Telepad, he can use it to warp to other areas of a level, or even other areas of the game.
All Kidding Aside
Our hero, Kid Chameleon, is tough on his own. He runs fast, flips up onto objects, and jumps on top of bad guys to do them in (a la Alex and Mario). The Kid has a Life Bar and takes a hit each time one of the bad guys bops him. When his life is gone, so is the Kid. You begin the game with three lives and three continues. They won't take you too far in this game.
- Look before you leap! Hit Down on your control pad and the screen will shift, giving you a view of what's below.
Fortunately, the Kid has a few tricks up his sleeve...err, hat. Kid Chameleon can use his noggin' to bust breakable blocks. When these blocks crumble, they often reveal secret power-ups. Most of the power-ups are special Diamonds, which the Kid collects. When he's in trouble, he activates their special powers to perform such nifty tricks as the Circle of Doom (kills any enemy it touches) and the Samurai Haze (slows enemies down).
Other power-ups include: Clocks (which add three minutes to the Kid's time), 1-Ups, and Coins for extra continues.
- Run and make a super high jump to snag tricky 1-Ups like this one in the underground tunnel of Blue Lake Woods II.
- Thinks looking bleak? Grab a new mask or hat! Every time you do, you're fully powered-up. Don't forget that the Iron Knight can take five hits instead of three.
- There's two easy Continues hidden in Under Skull Mountain I. The first is located in this pyramid of blocks near the beginning of the round. The second Continue is found on this little ledge halfway through the round. Every once in a while, the Kid busts a block and reveals a Helmet power-up. This is why he's called Kid Chameleon! These Helmets include the Iron Knight, the Berzerker, and the Cyclone. When the Kid dons a Helmet, he transforms into one of nine different characters -- each with a unique power. For example, Mani- axe turns the Kid into a Jason look-alike who tosses deadly axes at the bad beasties. The Micromax Helmet turns Kid Chameleon into an itty-bitty bug that can squeeze into tiny areas and climb walls.
- Red Stealth, the Samurai with the sword, can attack enemies through walls without any danger to himself.
- Surviving Stage 1's Sinister Sewers is as simple as becoming Mircomax and heading to the lower right-hand comer of the level.
It takes a while to realize that Kid Chameleon's not just another pretty face. The graphics in the first series of levels are breathtaking, but the levels aren't too tough to defeat. As the game progresses, the challenge gets tougher and tougher. Strategy comes into play when you must decide which hat gives the Kid the lift he needs to beat the area. Then you realize just how BIG the game actually is. You start to search every secret nook and cranny for the power-ups that are going to give the Kid the staying power he needs to make it!
Kid Chameleon has a clever combination of Alex Kidd's best games, puzzle strategy elements, and arcade-style action. The game introduces enough different faces to please almost all gamers. One of the hottest Genesis action to hit the Winter's Consumer Electronics Show, this Kid is sure to give you your money's worth. Hey, would we kid you?
If you like Kid Chameleon, try other games