Wild Gunsa game by Natsume
Wild Guns DownloadsWild Guns download
You like yer shootin' action fast, furious, and filled with big bad bosses? Then strap on yer six- guns, pardner, and saddle up for some of the season's wildest shootin' action. Wild Guns is a wild time at the A-OK Corral.
At first glance, Wild Guns looks like a Sunset Riders clone: It's got behind-the-hero arcade- -- style shootin' in Wild West settings, Western heroes named Clint 'n' Annie, and more cowboy hats than a Willie Nelson concert. But Wild Guns introduces something new to the West -- outer space! Those backgrounds are strange planets, the futuristic weapons have 21 st-century firepower, and those ornery villains are robots. The Wild West never looked this way before, at least not in this galaxy!
The shootin' is dynamite. The backgrounds don't side- scroll like they did in Sunset Riders; here the heroes run from side to side, delivering a barrage of gunfire against aliens and mechanized weapons that roll into view.
The action intensifies in the fun two-player cooperative mode, where you and yer pal stand side-by-side and plug everything that twitches. Throughout the game, you easily pick up new weapons by shooting at them. Smooth controls make your targeting accurate (with a little practice), and extra abilities -- including lasso tossin', dynamite throwin', high jumpin', and sideways slidin' -- give you plenty of ways to survive.
- Don't be distracted by the guns of the Carson City boss -- just keep nailin' his head, then prepare for a great explosion!
- Blast at your own half of the screen in the two-player game, and you and your pardner will clear the backgrounds.
How the Galaxy Was Won
Solid graphics keep you cornin' back for more. The third-person behind-the-shoot- er view intensifies the duels, while the sprites and backgrounds are both colorful and detailed. As in some other good shootin' games, you can plug virtually everything onscreen, such as bottles, picture frames, and chandeliers.
- Aim at the turrets, and you'll take out this desert tank.
- Bombs blow up everything in sight -- they're powerful but in limited supply, so use 'em sparingly.
The sounds are good but not great. Fast music spurs things along, and the explosions resonate nicely; however, more voices would've made you feel right at home on the range.
If you've mastered similar shooters an' you've got an itchy trigger finger, don't go thinkin' you're immediately gonna be the fastest gun in Wild Guns' Wild West. Even on the Easy setting, this one's a decent challenge. But it's" worth stayin' with -- Wild Guns packs a fun wallop.
- Try shooting everything on-screen, even if it's not shooting at you. These crates on the handcar will blow up.
- A combination of lassos and guns works on this level- two boss.
- While shooting at this giant mechanical crab, watch out for the claws that suddenly slam down from above.