Super Bomberman 2a game by Hudson Soft
Super Bomberman 2 DownloadsSuper Bomberman 2 download
Buckle up, bombardiers, Bomber-man is back! Although the one-player game is not as dynamite as it could be, the multiplayer rounds are as fun as they are in the original game.
The premise remains the same: Bomberman, kidnapped by various evil bombers, must fight from five planets to regain control of Earth.
Basically, you plant bombs and wait for them to explode. Doesn't sound like too much?
ProTip: The Roller Skates give your Bomberman limited speed. Don't bomb and run it your Skate power is about to expire.
Well, you also have to avoid enemies, watch out for traps, fend off bosses, and figure out the tricks to open doors in certain rooms. Bomberman is strategy-game playing at its best.
Numerous types of bombs tempt you: Some are remote controlled, spew slime, or pass through obstacles. If you're not comfortable around explosives, play something with less bite, like Mickey Mania. Wuss.
A Rip-Roarin' Time
The graphics are still bastions of Japanese-style cuteness. The land that brought you Hello Kitty gives Bomberman 2 that same kind of wide-eyed kiddy flavor -- but now you can detonate it. The sprites aren't any bigger, but they certainly look sharper. The scrolling play field in one-player games is a nice touch that lends oomph to the action.
- The first boss is a no- brainer. Simply lay bombs in front of him and move from side to side on the lower part of the screen. The boss can't travel downwards.
- Watch out for the second level's furnaces. The screen turns orange, and a scorching line of fire races across the screen. Look at the ground carefully to determine the fire's path.
- After you knock off all the enemies, bomb the bricks to find power-ups. You can take them to the next level.
- If you find a certain type of bomb that you like, slick with it Just blow up the icons of other bombs you find.
The music is a slick hybrid of techno-pop and lounge music. The sound effects could have been a little beefier, and the explosions could certainly have been improved upon. All told, there isn't a lot of improvement between these sounds and the original SNES Super Bomberman's sounds.
You'll find the control tricky if you're a novice. Once you get the hang of it, though, you should have no trouble blasting away opponents. You'll need to read the manual carefully on this game if you're a first-time Bomberman.
- Be careful around the fire pits. They regenerate quickly and could corner you.
- When bombing near Dynamite Sticks, stay away from the fire's path. These Sticks cause a chain-reaction explosion.
If you're a fan of the first Bomberman, the extra features (new bombs, trickier levels) will blow you away. New players will find the thrill of competition in the multiplayer mode the best the SNES has to offer. But if you're a lone gamer looking for explosive action, this bomb might not go off quite as dramatically.
Other games by Hudson Soft
Mega Bomberman On your quest you blow up many little bunnies, seahorses, and monkeys to clear the way for blowing up other things!
Dragon Slayer Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu is a Role-Playing game, developed and published by Sega, which was released in Japan in 1994.
Dragon Slayer 2 - Legend of Heroes Dragon Slayer: Eiyuu Densetsu II is a Role-Playing game, developed and published by Sega, which was released in Japan in 1995.
Adventure Island You are cast as Master Higgins, a bouncy and nimblefooted hero who ventures out to the balmy South Pacific to save the beautiful Princess Leilani from the clutches of the evil Witch Doctor.