You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
And who is the mysterious Sheng Long? Well, it's Japanese for the mighty Dragon Punch! Just walk to a local arcade and you'll see why this formidable move, as well as hundreds of others, are such the rage throughout the world! Street Fighter II: The World Warrior is one-on-one fighting action at its best! Superb graphics, fluid animation, and a rocking sound track compose the hottest coin-op to date. Each World Warrior has over 36 attacks, including numerous special techniques! If you want to taste the excitement, no other game will stack up to pure power this game controls. So, here is the long-awaited EGM profile of this marvelous game, so large it's spread over two special issues! In part two. EGM will finish the character profiles and go over advanced strategy and techniques!
After every three fights, you are sent to a special bonus round to test your skills and abilities as a true World Warrior.
Take your frustrations out on the car and score big!
Bash twenty barrels to splinters for really big points!
This is easy. Just crush the cans with your fists!
Ryu is a defensive fighter, using techniques and well-timed attacks to over power his opponent. He lives for the fight.
Guile relies on counter attacks to win his bouts. His Somersault Kick is a devastating blow to his opponents. He is out for revenge against M. Bison.
Dhalsim is a limber dude determined to spread discipline throughout the world. His pliable limbs are deadly.
Zangief is a Soviet wrestler out to do his country proud by defeating the renegade M. Bison. He's as strong as an ox.
Tips for street fighters in training:
- Basic/Defense: Lear to block high or low quickly, calmly and accurately. If you react spastically, your character will jump by accident. Get used to how the joystick works. Imagine the joystick is your character. For instance, push it to the upper right diagonal your character will jump up to the right. When your character gets reversed and is on the other side of the screen, remember that the moves are the same but directly reversed on the joystick layout!
- Control Combinations: Street Fighter II requires numerous joystick movements in combination with precise timing using the attack buttons. All special techniques and some of the more special moves are accomplished by pressing the attack button at he completion of the joystick motion! Early button presses mean missed moves.
- Throws and Grabs: To succeed in Street Fighter II, you must master the Grab and Throw techniques. To grab or throw, your character must be within its throwing range. Then, push the joystick left or right and then press the throw button to grab and toss the opponent in the desired direction. Dhalsim and Honda have the longest regular throwing range, roughly two inches, while Zangief's special Screw Driver Attack is even further - more than three inches! Of course, Zangief's move is much more difficult to execute and master! Sometimes, you can purposely take a hit just to throw the opponent.
- Counters: Learn the moves that counter the opponents attack the most efficiently and have the least chance of causing damage to you! For example, if Ryu jumps over Ken's head, Ken could try to counter Ryu by performing a Dragon Punch, or maybe even a simple Fierce Punch would do the trick while being the least riskiest.
- Special Attacks: Learn the special attacks each character possesses by practicing them repeatedly. Learn timing, as well as where and when to perform the special attacks. For example, bad timing for Ken or Ryu using a Fireball or Dragon Punch means bad news because you'll leave them vulnerable to a devastating attack! Characters like Guile, Honda and Blanka all require you to charge up energy before you can attempt their special attacks by moving the joystick in certain directions. You can work on charging energy while trying other moves like jumping, low kicks and punches. Using this approach, you can make Guile throw Sonic Boomerangs one after the other. Blanka will have enough energy to do the rolling attack ten or more times in one roll! The joystick technique for both Guile's and Blanka's special moves are the same.
- Cheap Shots: Even though making cheap shots might not fit your Street Fighter II morals, many other players will not hesitate to use these tactics to finish off characters (including your own!). Cheap shots are very difficult to escape and be very frustrating, especially after losing repeatedly because of them. In order to escape an opponent's trickery, you must first learn how to perform them yourself! After you can manage your own cheap shot creations, you'll quickly understand how to time them effectively and nail your opponents to the ground! Although you may loose all your friends while practicing on them, think of the satisfaction you'll get when that tough opponent gets a taste of their own medicine!
- New Combo's: Try to learn new combinations that other players don't think of using; most players use and expect the same old techniques. Even a rookie player can take out the local champ with some well timed new combos!
- Know The Enemy: Having trouble with that pesky Blanka? Well, then start practicing using him! By learning how to play tough to beat opponents, you can learn their weak points and exploit them when they are on the receiving end of your fists!
Street Fighter 2 Plus Champion Edition DownloadsStreet Fighter 2 Plus Champion Edition download
If you like Street Fighter 2 Plus Champion Edition, try other games
Double Dragon 3: The Rosetta Stone The original martial arts adventure continues - all the hard-hitting arcade action is at your command! Battle your way across the globe with awesome special moves and lethal weapons straight from the arcade! Whether it's a swirling Hurricane Kick or a staggering One Armed Head Butt, you have what it takes to crush ruthless enemies in the Double Dragon adventure of a lifetime! Battle across America, China, Japan and Italy to your ultimate challenge in Egypt!
Fatal Fury 2 The three lone wolves return to clash with new opponents in the "Sultan of Slugs" Battle Royale. After a year in training, forging bodies of steel, Andy, Joe, and Terry take on the world. Fatal Fury 2! Special attacks explode with more action. 3D battles bring you to the next stage in the fighting game evolution. Easy maneuverability and realistic choreography.