Phantom 2040a game by Viacom New Media
Phantom 2040 DownloadsPhantom 2040 download
The Phantom has been a comic-strip hero for decades. Now he's called upon to save the world's last surviving black panther...and foil a plot to rule the world. In the process, he also saves the day for action- starved Genesis players.
If you hunger for a 16-bit challenge, Phantom 2040 is a feast made even more satisfying by lengthy replay value. The game is organized into seven nonlinear chapters with 60 stages and 20 endings.
The Phantom himself sports a healthy replayability factor. Weapons masters will have a field day: The Phantom's inventory screen holds 19 weapons and power-up items, and you can arm both hands.
A Biot Riot
Evil is out in force, primarily in the form of pugnacious Phantom-pursuing cyborgs called Biots. You must punch or blast through the challenging Biot hordes, whose weapons track you everywhere. You also run up against feisty mechanical bosses, but they don't vex you as much as the regular troops. When the going gets really tough, you can sometimes get going with vehicular Bioticide. Weird craft like the Phantom Walker spice up the action. The crisp controls generally save your purple behind with aplomb. The Inductance Rope, which you shoot to stick to almost any surface, enables the P-man to do some mean climbing and swinging.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil
Phantom's graphics are typical side-scrolling stuff, but they're solidly crafted. The sprites are sharp, and the animation moves them like wild. The dark, urban backgrounds create a surreal atmosphere.
The sounds are a real jungle boogie. The effects are minimal but high volume, and the music rocks big time.
With the time between new Genesis games growing steadily longer, a solid action/adventure game like Phantom 2040 is a sight for sore eyes and a great workout for idle hands. Go rumble in the jungle with "The Ghost Who Walks."
- Swing and kick to bust open some electronic doors.
- When you find yourself jumping Into major trouble, hit Start to swap weapons in midair.
- You're Invulnerable in any vehicle.
- When you're trapped by Tracker's electric net, you cant move, but you won't take too much damage...at first
- The inventory holds 19 weapons. Some are nice toys, some are critical.
- Although they may look alike, some Biots are tougher than others.
- Crossing these cars may require a leap of faith.
- Use the Inductance Rope to investigate overhead structures for useful items like this 1-up.
Other games by
Viacom New Media