Kirby Super Star (Kirby's Fun Pak)a game by HAL Laboratory
Kirby Super Star (Kirby's Fun Pak) DownloadsKirby Super Star (Kirby's Fun Pak) download
Kirby Super Star is a Japanese game published in 1996 for Nintendo’s Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES). The game was developed by HAL Laboratory and the release for the United States came in the autumn of 1996. One year later the game was officially released in Europe. The game was later on remade for the Nintendo DS, but was renamed as Kirby Super Star Ultra.
The game was part of the three Super Nintendo Entertainment System games using the SA-1 Chip, along with Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Kirby’s Dream Land 3.
The game was a classic 16-bit platforming video release in which the main character, Kirby, can move left, right, up and down on a 3D plane. He must avoid touching environmental hazards and enemies with their own set of attacks. Kirby has a health meter and when his life reaches the minimum level, he returns to the latest save point. This happens until Kirby loses all his lives, in which case the game ends and the player has to start all over again.
The game allows Kirby to copy the abilities of his enemies and then perform a wider range of attacks thanks to these abilities. According to the ability he is using, he turns in different colors. Kirby can also call for his “helper”, who is always around ready to get in the game and help the main character fight enemies. The game can also be played in multi-player mode, allowing a second person to connect by using an additional controller, so the game is a great two-player adventure as well.
There are a total of seven main games in Kirby Super Star:
- Spring Breeze is the first one and it is based on the first Kirby remake, called Kirby’s Dream Land for Game Boy. It uses Kirby Super Star’s gameplay and graphics.
- Dyna Blade is the second one. Dyna Blade is a giant bird disturbing Dream Land’s peace and Kirby tries to stop her.
- Gourmet Race is the third installment of the series. Dedede challenges Kirby to race in a who-can-get-more-food race. Lots of platform elements are included in this release.
- The Great Cave Offensive is the fourth game, featuring Kirby’s adventure after he falls into a cave.
- Revenge of Meta Knight is the 5th game, featuring Kirby trying to destroy Meta Knight’s battleship before Meta, the villain, can conquer Dream Land.
- Milky Way Wishes is the sixth game. Sun and Moon are fighting around planet Popstar. The plot is a bit more complicated, but features Kirby as well.
- The Arena is the final game of Kirby Super Star and requires the player to fight every boss in the game.
The game sold over 1 million copies in Japan and scored an 82.1% mark on GameRankings. Electronic Gaming Monthly gave the game an average score of 8.63 out of 10.