Batman Forever DownloadsBatman Forever download
Don't bother asking Santa for Batman Forever this holiday season. Or Saint Nick should keep this game at the North Pole, far from anyone's Genesis.
The game follows the film's plot, or at least tries to. Playing as either Batman or Robin (two gamers can play as the dynamic duo simultaneously), you chase the Riddler and Two-Face through eight of the most boring levels to be found in Gotham City.
With a poor mixture of platform adventure and side-view fighting, Batman Forever never gains momentum. The fighting moves were modeled after those in Mortal Kombat, but don't let that fool you: The beat-em-up action in this pale imitation is flat and out-right boring. Batman Forever tries to liven things up with riddles that hint at hidden rooms and power-ups, but these puzzles only hinder the already-sluggish pace.
Graphically, this dark game captures the film's gothic look. To a fault. So much of the background is black that you'll think the game's artists went on strike and left some areas unfinished. The nicely digitized characters and fairly smooth animations are eye catching, but after a few levels, you'll tire of Batman's clunky walk.
Holy Bad Audio!
The anemic sound makes the graphics look great. A first-year piano student could have scored the music on a cheap synthesizer.
The highly distorted voice samples and the so-so fighting effects will drive you toward the Mute button. You're better off just humming the U2 song from the movie than listening to the game.
- Bomb the middle of the room below Mad Pete and Mat Jeff. The explosion clears a trapdoor to a hidden area.
- When confronting two opponents at once, use the rolling attack frequently to avoid being ambushed from both sides.
- Shut down this machine in the Arkham Asylum by lobbing a Flash Globe at it. Defeat the two enemies that appear, and you earn a power-up that fully restores your health.
Batman Forever's fighting controls are so complicated that a six-button controller is essential. But no matter how well you master the controls, you'll still take cheap shots from double-team attacks and unavoidable obstacles.
This game sorely lacks the film's death-defying thrills. It fails to deliver enough bang for the big bucks that it costs. If you must play it, rent it. But if you don't want to waste your cash, avoid this Bat-astrophe forever.
- Once you're on the subway tracks, shoot your grappling hook and hang from the ceiling to avoid being hit by the train. To find hidden areas with power-ups, aim for the gaps in the ceiling and lift yourself up.
- When you're playing as Batman and your opponent is just out of range, nail them with your Flash Globes to stun them, then walk in and whack them with an uppercut.
If you like Batman Forever, try other games
Superman With Metropolis under attack and Lois Lane kidnapped, Superman is the only one who can save the day.
Time Trax Do you have the guts to step into the shoes of Fugitive Retrieval Officer, Darien Lambert? Travel from the future to today's criminal underworld in an attempt to capture some smart thugs from the 22nd Century. Of course, your weapons and fighting skills w